It is Friday, beauties!
Since I’m sure you’ve all been DYING to hear about the other products I use in my daily routine, I figured I’d sacrifice some time in my Friday afternoon to share more secrets to achieve quick and effortless beauty on a budget.
For those of you who didn’t know, I decided a month ago that I would be letting my job go when the semester starts in efforts to gain some quality friendships and A++ grades. School started this week, and it turns out University books are 10x more expensive than Community College books! OH – and you actually have to read books here, too!
Expensive textbooks – last months income (that I haven’t spent) + quitting job = ~$6.83
Okay, I’m exaggerating, but my budget for makeup and clothes is almost nonexistent now. So hopefully all of my college girls out there appreciate these products as much as I will. Because they are cheap, last forever, and are AMAZING. Lets go.
- Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus ($4.94 at Walmart) – This is one of two eyeliners I’ll be talking about. If you don’t like a pencil eyeliner and also happen to suck at that winged eyeliner look or just a thin line above the lashes, this is the product for you. I happen to be that girl that suck at all of those things, and I love using this when I’m trying to look like I actually know what I’m doing.
- Covergirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner ($6.81 at
Walmart) – While this eyeliner seems almost the same as #1, I promise you, they are completely different. First of all, this is a little bit pricier, but I love it so much more because it glides SO much better across the eyelid. BUT, it’s not as thin of a point as the Perfect Point Plus because it is a pencil, so you’d have to sharpen it when it became dull. If I’m being honest though, I use this one everyday whereas the other pencil is only for occasions. This will last you so much longer as a pencil and also lasts much longer on your eyes without giving you raccoon eyes as well. 100% worth the $7 investment no matter what your income!
- L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara ($7.97 at Walmart) – Have you ever woken up and checked your Facebook to find that you’ve been added to some group page with a bunch of ladies trying to sell you mascara? The whole page is before and after pictures with a caption like: “CALLING ALL LADIES!!! MY EYELASHES ARE 5X THE LENGTH WITH THIS MASCARA, GET YOURS NOW FOR THE AFFORDABLE PRICE OF $99 A BOTTLE!!” If you are a personal victim of this, I want you to know that there’s a way out. First, leave the group ASAP. Second, go buy yourself some of this. It is $8 and will last you FOREVER! If I wore mascara, it would probably last me a month, which is pretty good if you ask me! I use one coat of this mascara and finish it off with a second coat of the mascara below…
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara ($3.99 at Walgreens) Because the L’Oreal mascara gives a lot of length to the lashes, this one brings MEGA volume, and it’s ONLY $4, like what?!?! I swear to you, if you pair these two mascara’s together, you could easily get the same outcome as those $99 mascara’s people are out there selling.
- NYX Liquid Matte Cream (Color – Vancouver) ($6.49 at Ulta) This has been my absolute favorite lipstick and color to wear in the last month! Not only is it smooth going on, but it lasts well and if your lips ever start to feel dry or crusty, it still looks amazing if you throw a lip balm (like Vaseline Lip Therapy) on over it and even allows it to keep its color for the rest of the day. This shade has been my go-to for merging into the fall colors – not too dark but not too light. For an example what the shade looks like on my skin tone – refer to the photo above!
If you have any questions about any of these products, or enjoy hearing about the inexpensive products that I love, let me know – I love to hear from you!