I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite things to learn from fashion and beauty blogger’s that I follow is the products that they swear by. Because in a world of endless products, there is always something that we’ve either never heard of or had the motivation to try. Here are 8 items that I absolutely cannot live without:
- Biosilk Silk Therapy Original Cure ($17) – Prior to using this product, my hair was a catastrophe. Seriously! As a blonde, it was nearly impossible to avoid split ends, even when I never used heat on my hair. But one night at work, I was discussing with a coworker (S/O To Natalie) about how dry my ends always tend to get, and she suggested that I invest into Biosilk. After using this for a month, bleaching my hair, and using heat almost every day, my hair is STILL split-end free and so soft thanks to this product. So for $17, you get a 12oz bottle and every use is literally half a penny’s worth, so you are totally getting your money out of it!
- John Frieda Beach Blonde Smooth Seas Detangling Conditioner ($8) – This is my GO TO product after every shower. In order to keep my ends strong and avoid frizz, I like to put some type of product in my hair while it’s still wet. I combine this with a little bit of Biosilk and it keeps my hair smooth, slightly textured, and leaves me with strong ends as well! I have used this after almost every shower since the beginning of 2017 and I still haven’t hit the halfway mark of the bottle. So worth it for a whopping $8!
- Not Your Mothers Dry Shampoo ($5) – Ever used a dry shampoo that makes your hair feel absolutely disgusting? I don’t even know how to describe the feeling, but I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. I used to HATE dry shampoo because of the texture it gave my hair and the way it made it look, until I found this. Not only is this so cheap, but it lasts forever, smells amazing, and you can barely tell it’s in your hair when you comb through it with your fingers!
- Dickinson’s Witch Hazel ($4) – For those who have never heard of this, I know, the name is weird. But if you aren’t using a toner of some sort, get on the train right this instant. I bought this years ago at Walgreens because the lady working in the beauty department told me it would help my skin issues. She told me she had been using it for over 40 years and it has been the secret to keeping her skin looking so amazing (and it did look amazing). So I bought it but I was still like, “whatever this won’t do anything for me,” little did I know it would literally change my life. Toner does a handful of things for your skin, including shrinking pores, giving our skin pH balance, protecting our skin from impurities, cleansing and refreshing the skin, and preventing ingrown hairs! This $4 bottle has lasted me at least a year and I use it just about every night. If you have never tried a toner, start to, I promise your skin will change dramatically when you do.
- Dr. Bronner’s Lavender Soap ($16) – For someone who doesn’t wash her face often, this is my go to when I feel the need for some scrubbing action. A few months back, I was dealing with an insane amount of acne that showed up out of nowhere, so I cried out to my sister-friend (thank you Mel) for any advice she had. She was the one who told me to stop washing my face and only use this if I absolutely needed to wash it, my skin has been so different in the best way since I changed what I was doing. Not only is this 100% natural and smells like angels, but it lasts forever. All you need is 2-3 drops of the soap and that is plenty for a single face wash. It also comes in different sizes so if you don’t want to spend $16 for a massive bottle, you can spend $7 for a 4oz and even that will last you forever. If you are having issues with acne, I suggest you try not washing your face for a while and using this when you feel the need to!
- Freeman Brightening Overnight Mask($7) – If you struggle with dry skin, I definitely recommend that you purchase this overnight mask. I like to put this on after I wash my face before bed if my skin is looking bad, and when I wake up my skin is ALWAYS looking bright, flawless, and feeling so smooth! It would be perfect to put on the night before a
day you’ll bein lots of photos or even a big date night. 😉
- Vaseline Lip Therapy ($8.50) – This may be more fit for the winter time, you know, when your lips get so dry its almost ruining your life.. Regardless of the season, we all need a reliable lip balm to save us every once in a while. Well, this is it. Not only does this have a pleasant scent to it, but it will make your lips smooth as butter. I always put this on before a matte lipstick to keep my lips from getting super dry or if I’m wanting some color in my lip but not feeling lipstick. It is pricey for a lip balm, but I promise you it will not disappoint!
- Crest Pro White Toothpaste ($3) – People ask me ALL the time, “Christina, how do you get your teeth so white?” Here’s the secret: I used Crest Whitening Strips to get to the shade I wanted, and now all I use now is this toothpaste. Not only will it keep your teeth shining bright like a diamond, but over time it will gradually whiten your teeth. The best part? Neither the toothpaste or whitening strips will harm your teeth!
I hope I have inspired you to try at least one of these 8 products, and if you do, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on it. Also, tell me some of your favorite every day products that changed your life!